Please pause any current plans to create new subsidiaries or change existing subsidiaries.
We’ll be consulting on a new regulatory approach to this in October and following the consultation we will be issuing new guidance.
See page 40 of the Department of Health and Social Care’s 2017-18 accounting officer system statement for more on this.
This free of charge programme will help NHS provider boards develop the knowledge and skills you need to lead and embed quality improvement at an organisational level. It will be delivered between January 2019 and March 2020.
We’ve published two new patient safety resources to help you understand the challenges faced and actions being taken by organisations to improve the safety of invasive procedures with the potential for Never Events to occur.
The first identifies key contributory factors and actions taken from a sample of investigations into surgical Never Events that occurred in 2016/17.
The second is a summary of responses from providers to a questionnaire to assess the current level of implementation of the National Surgical Standards for Invasive Procedures (NatSSIPs).
You can secure revenue and capital to support services and sites when these are directly impacted by a local development such as housing growth. While section 106 and community infrastructure levy (CIL) funds have been available for some time, many trusts are not optimising their chances of accessing them by working closely with their local planning authority (LPA) and council members.
Our new guide explains what s106 and CIL are and what you need to do to engage with your LPA, as well giving contact points for advice.
25-26 September, ExCel London
There’s still time to book your ticket for the UK Health Show next week, and if you’re planning to come, visit us on stand G56.
We have several speakers at next week’s event, including:
- Lord Carter, Non-Executive Director, talking about reducing variation and improving productivity
- Adam Sewell-Jones, Executive Director of Improvement, talking about the NHS partnership with the Virginia Mason Institute
- David Ashby, Associate Director Model Hospital, showing how trusts can use the Model Hospital to improve productivity
- Mark Radford, Director of Nursing Improvement, on retention and creating a sustainable workforce
- Elizabeth Sargeant, Lead for Social Care Integration — Emergency Care Improvement Programme, speaking on a panel on strategies to release capacity
Wednesday 3 October, 12-1pm
Join this webinar to hear our unique approach to contingency planning within a private finance initiative (PFI) contract, underlined by specific examples from the collapse of Carillion.
These sessions will focus on understanding the key priorities and development needs of NHS board members, with a particular focus on the well-led framework. Book your place now:
Monday 12 November, 10am-3pm, Wellington House, London
This event is an opportunity for chairs across London to:
- hear directly from our Executive Regional Managing Director (London), Steve Russell
- network with peers across the region
- gain the latest insight into the strategic challenges and opportunities facing the system in the months ahead
- share your views and experiences to shape our thinking and ongoing support to the system
NHS England / Helpforce
NHS volunteer services: submit your expression of interest
The Chair of NHS England, Sir Malcolm Grant, has called for health organisations to renew their commitment to volunteering and announced additional funding for the NHS volunteering organisation HelpForce, to increase the number of effective volunteer roles in the NHS.
If your trust has an existing volunteer service, or if you have an idea for a new volunteer service, please submit an expression of interest. 10 selected trusts will each receive a £75,000 grant for up to 18 months to develop these ideas with support from HelpForce.