Creating a new NHS England: Health Education England, NHS Digital and NHS England have merged. Learn more.
NHS statement on coronavirus (Covid-19)
A further 19 people, who tested positive for the Coronavirus (Covid-19) have died, bringing the total number of confirmed reported deaths in England to 53.
Patients were aged between 94 and 56 years old and had underlying health conditions.
Their families have been informed.
Each trust where a patient died will publish a statement on their website this afternoon. For ease – these are also listed below.
We will not be commenting further on these cases.
- Barts Health NHS: 1
- Lewisham and Greenwich NHS: 2
- Salisbury NHS Foundation: 1
- University Hospital of Southampton: 1
- Walsall Healthcare NHS: 1
- Wexham Park Hospital: 2
- University College London Hospital NHS Trust: 4
- Mid Cheshire Trust: 1
- Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust: 2
- North Tees and Hartlepool NHS Foundation Trust: 1
- University Hospitals Birmingham: 1
- St. Georges University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust: 2
- Total: 19