What is it?
A personalised cardiac test that performs advanced image analysis to create a 3D model of the coronary arteries and analyse the impact that blockages have on blood flow.
This test can help clinicians rapidly diagnose patients with suspected coronary artery disease (CAD) and avoid the need for invasive procedures. This can reduce hospital visits by delivering information to enable a clinician diagnosis through one test.
What are the benefits?
- A more efficient pathway for diagnosing CAD
- A personalised 3D digital model of the patient’s coronary arteries
- Potential for fewer angiograms / invasive pressure wire testing
- Fewer subsequent testing and outpatient appointment visits
- 3D model returned within a median of 5 hours
Where to start?
- NICE have produced an adoption support resource with insights from the NHS to get started.
- Discover more about HeartFlow at the Royal United Hospital Bath NHS Foundation Trust (RUH)
- NICE Guidance: https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/mtg32
- NHS England Innovation and Technology Payment
- AHSN Innovation and Technology Payment: HeartFlow
- HeartFlow: https://www.heartflow.com/heartflow-ffrct-analysis
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- AHSN lead: West Midlands AHSN