Public consultation now closed
Following work over the summer the conflicts of interest cross system task and finish group published proposals for change to the way in which conflicts of interest in health are managed, for consultation on Monday 19 September 2016. The consultation ran until Monday 31 October 2016.
We are grateful to all those individuals and organisations who took that time to respond. We are analysing the responses and will publish further information about next steps shortly.
You can still access the consultation document, but please note we are no longer accepting responses.
In March 2016, NHS England’s Board announced the establishment of a task and finish group to develop rules on conflicts of interest management across the whole healthcare system.
The group, led by NHS England’s Chair Sir Malcolm Grant, will be meeting over the summer to consider in detail what responses are required.
We will publish information on this page about progress with this work as it develops.
- Managing Conflicts of Interest in the NHS: a consultation FAQs
- Membership of the task and finish group
- Terms of reference for the group
- Sir Malcolm Grant’s blog – Shining a light into dark corners
- Sir Malcolm Grant’s second blog – Developing principles and rules on Conflicts of Interest
- Sir Malcolm Grant’s third blog – Seeking your views