NHS England has set new standards for openness, transparency and accountability in all of its operations. NHS England therefore:
- meet as a board in public;
- maintain and publish declarations of interest for all Non-Executive and Executive Directors;
- publish information on expenses incurred by national directors,
- publish the register of gifts and hospitality,
- publishes information on external meetings held by our National Directors with non-NHS/non-public sector organisations.
NHS England is based in Leeds and London, but with staff all over the country, a certain amount of travel is essential. Staff can claim expenses for hotel accommodation at standard NHS rates and standard fare public transport. Exceptionally, taxis may be needed when no other travel option is practicable.