@NHS from 25/03/19 to 29/03/19
Twitter handle: @simoneblessed
Patient/Carer or NHS Staff: Student Nurse
Condition or job title: 3rd Year Adult Nursing Student
Place of treatment/care or workplace: Middlesex University/Whittington Hospital
Hello, my name is Simone Gordon, I’m 35 years old, a mother of two boys and I’m a 3rd year Adult Nursing Student at Middlesex University. Prior to starting this course, I did three years of Business studies and first level accounting. I am passionate about enhancing learning in practice, student experience, mentoring, inclusivity of ethnic minority groups and patient care.
Things I’m involved in:
– I volunteer to speak to new students on their induction day/orientation and help with skills sessions.
– I am a NursingNowEngland Ambassador and attended the launch event last year with staff from the Whittington Hospital, at the RCN Headquarters London.
– I am the Chair of SHEDIF (Student, Healthcare, Equality, Diversity, Inclusivity, Forum) at Middlesex University.
– A member of the STEP project (Strengthening Team-Based Education in Practice).
– Dementia Champion (Whittington Health).
– I have a ‘Changing Perceptions of Nursing and Midwifery’ profile on the Whittington website.
– A member of the GPSN Nursing Network.
– The face of the new Curriculum Nursing document FOR Middlesex University.
– I was nominated and have been shortlisted for the Nursing Times Award for ‘Outstanding Contributions to Student Affairs’ 2019.
– I was also involved in a UCAS advertisement for the NHS to encourage students to choose Nursing as a profession.