The NHS outcomes tool and explorer replaces the earlier CCG outcomes tool and explorer, and provides interactive access to key data for CCGs, Directors of Commissioning Operations (DCOs), Upper Tier local authorities and now (as of April 2016); Sustainability and Transformation Footprints (STPs). The data includes an extensive set of indicators from both the CCG Outcomes Indicator Set and the NHS Outcomes Framework as well as demographic and disease prevalence (QOF) data. The tool and explorer are regularly updated shortly after updates to the CCGOIS and NHSOF indicator sets in the HSCIC Indicator Portal – see the ‘Site updates’ page at the top of the portal for details.
Access the tools
There are two views of the data:
- The NHS outcomes tool allows users to view maps, charts and tables of individual outcome indicators across geographical areas, and to view a spine chart of all the outcomes for one or more areas.
- The NHS outcomes explorer allows the user to explore the relationships between two outcomes or between demographic or disease prevalence information and outcomes.
Each view is available using Flash and HTML5. The flash version offers slightly greater functionality and content (includes historic data) and will work on older browsers, but requires a Flash plugin to be installed and is not supported by devices such as Apple iPads. The HTML5 version works across most devices with newer browsers, including many mobile devices.
A help file is included within each version.
- NHS outcomes tool – Flash version
- NHS outcomes tool – HTML version
- NHS outcomes explorer – Flash version
- NHS outcomes explorer – HTML version
If you have feedback or questions about these packs, please email: email@example.com.