This Clinical Reference Group (CRG) covers mental health services for deaf people, services for people with eating disorders, obsessive compulsive disorders & body dysmorphic disorders and specialist personality disorders.
The main focus of the CRG is on supporting the transition of services under it’s remit to Provider Collaboratives as part of the Phase 1 PC programme and continued delivery and review of commissioning functions and structures for services that remain under the remit of the CRG.
Chair: Dr Mike Hunter – Associate National Clinical Director for Mental Health, NHS England and NHS Improvement
Lead Commissioner: Marlon Brown – Deputy Head of Specialised Mental Health (National)
- Prof Naomi Fineberg: Clinical Lead for OCD / BDD
- Dr Alexander Hamilton: Clinical Lead for Adult Deaf Mental Health (Non-Secure)
- Dr Sophie Roberts: Clinical Lead for Deaf CAMHS
- Dr Steve Pearce: Clinical Lead for T4 Personality Disorders
- Dr Frances Connan: Clinical Lead for Adult Eating Disorders
- Rebecca Quinlan: Patient and Public Voice representative
- Seren Thomas: Patient and Public Voice representative
A key part of the CRG’s work is the delivery of the ‘products’ of commissioning. These are the tools used by the 10 Hub Commissioning Teams to contract services on an annual basis.
Service specifications are important in clearly defining the standards of care expected from organisations funded by NHS England to provide specialised care. The specifications have been developed by specialised clinicians, commissioners, expert patients and public health representatives to describe both core and developmental service standards. Core standards are those that all funded providers should be able to demonstrate, with developmental standards being those which may require further changes in practice over time to provide excellence in the field.
The following service specifications fall within the scope of this CRG:
- Specialised Eating Disorders (Adults)
- Specialised Eating Disorders change notice
- Specialised Mental Health Services for Deaf People (Adults)
- Severe obsessive compulsive disorder and body dysmorphic disorder service (Adults and Adolescents
- Veterans’ post traumatic stress disorder programme (Adult)
- Mental Health Service for Deaf Children and Adolescents