This Clinical Reference Group (CRG) covers Tier 4 secure and non-secure Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS), inclusive of eating disorders (male and female).
The focus of the CRG over the coming 12 months will be on:
- supporting the delivery of service procurement
- providing support and guidance for the secondary commissioning and new models of care agenda
- having a specific focus on the relationship with the secure pathways of care and transition arrangements.
Chair: Dr Andrew Cotgrove, Consultant in Adolescent Psychiatry, Cheshire and Wirral NHS Foundation Trust.
David Kingsley, North
Shermin Imran, North
Midlands & East – Vacant
Tina Irani, Midlands & East
Diana Cassell, London
Gillian Rose, London
Nick Hindley, South
Anthony James, South
Gemma Trainor, RCN Rep
Tim Atkin, British Psychological Society Rep
Liz Fellows-Smith, RCPsych Rep
Dennis Ougrin, Academic Rep
Rachel Cowey, Patient & Public Voice
Ginny Boyd, Patient & Public Voice
Stella Branthonne-Foster, Patient & Public Voice
Louise Doughty, Lead Commissioner, firstname.lastname@example.org
A key part of the CRG’s work is the delivery of the ‘products’ of commissioning. These are the tools used by the 10 Hub Commissioning Teams to contract services on an annual basis.
Service specifications are important in clearly defining the standards of care expected from organisations funded by NHS England to provide specialised care. The specifications have been developed by specialised clinicians, commissioners, expert patients and public health representatives to describe both core and developmental service standards. Core standards are those that all funded providers should be able to demonstrate, with developmental standards being those which may require further changes in practice over time to provide excellence in the field.
The following service specifications fall within the scope of this CRG:
- Tier 4 Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) (General Adolescent Services) – Updated 26 February 2018
- Tier 4 Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) (Children’s Services)
- Tier 4 Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) (Specialist Autism Spectrum Disorder)
- Community Forensic Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) – Psychiatric Intensive Care Unit – Updated 26 February 2018
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) – Low Secure – Updated 26 February 2018
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) – Medium Secure – Updated 26 February 2018