This Clinical Reference Group (CRG) covers Tier 4 secure and non-secure Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS), inclusive of eating disorders (male and female).
The focus of the CRG over the coming 12 months will be on:
- supporting the delivery of service procurement
- providing support and guidance for the secondary commissioning and new models of care agenda
- having a specific focus on the relationship with the secure pathways of care and transition arrangements.
Chair: Dr Tina Irani (associate)/Dr Prathiba Chitsabesan (chair)
Dr Shermin Imran
Dr Tim Atkin
Dr Linda Zirinsky
Dr David Kingsley
A key part of the CRG’s work is the delivery of the ‘products’ of commissioning. These are the tools used by the 10 Hub Commissioning Teams to contract services on an annual basis.
This guidance relates to patients who need to transition to the adult secure pathway when leaving CAMHS secure services. It aims to outline good practice standards and give clear guidance for the positive transition of young people. A National Adult Secure and CAMHS Secure Transitions Task and Finish Group, reporting to the CAMHS and Adult Secure Clinical Reference Groups, was established to consider and improve this transition, the guidance and supporting documents should be helpful to all those involved in the process.
- Transitions from adolescent secure to adult secure inpatient services: Practice guidance for all secure services
Service specifications are important in clearly defining the standards of care expected from organisations funded by NHS England to provide specialised care. The specifications have been developed by specialised clinicians, commissioners, expert patients and public health representatives to describe both core and developmental service standards. Core standards are those that all funded providers should be able to demonstrate, with developmental standards being those which may require further changes in practice over time to provide excellence in the field.
The following service specifications fall within the scope of this CRG:
- Tier 4 Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) (General Adolescent Services) – Updated 26 February 2018
- Tier 4 Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) (Children’s Services)
- Tier 4 Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) (Specialist Autism Spectrum Disorder)
- Community Forensic Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) – Psychiatric Intensive Care Unit – Updated 26 February 2018
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) – Low Secure – Updated 26 February 2018
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) – Medium Secure – Updated 26 February 2018