This Clinical Reference Group (CRG) covers perinatal mental health services.
The focus of the CRG over the coming 12 months will be on:
- Supporting the commissioning of specialised perinatal mental health services
- Supporting the development of the new Mother and Baby Units (MBU) and the links with specialised community perinatal mental health teams
- Agreeing standardised outcome measures for all MBUs
- Chair: Dr Giles Berrisford Consultant Psychiatrist, Birmingham and Solihull Mental Health Foundation Trust.
- Dr Nikolett kabacs
- Dr Andrew Cairns
- Dr Gertrude Seneviratne
- Dr Rina Gupta
- Dr Olivia Protti
- Dr Rebecca Horne
- Clare McAdam
- Browen Ashton, Patient and Public Voice representative
- Lucy Carteledge, Patient and Public Voice representative
- Amy Spruce, Patient and Public Voice representative
A key part of the CRG’s work is the delivery of the ‘products’ of commissioning. These are the tools used by the 10 Hub Commissioning Teams to contract services on an annual basis.
Service specifications are important in clearly defining the standards of care expected from organisations funded by NHS England to provide specialised care. The specifications have been developed by specialised clinicians, commissioners, expert patients and public health representatives to describe both core and developmental service standards. Core standards are those that all funded providers should be able to demonstrate, with developmental standards being those which may require further changes in practice over time to provide excellence in the field.
The following service specifications fall within the scope of this CRG: