This Clinical Reference Group covers the specialised care that takes place within critical care units.
- Chair: Professor Jane Eddleston, Consultant in Intensive Care Medicine and Anaesthesia Central Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
- Prof Richard Beale, Clinical Member
- Dr Isabel Gonzalez, Clinical Member
- Dr Zahid Khan, Clinical Member
- Angela Walsh, Clinical Member
- Dr Samuel Waddy, Clinical Member
- Dr Mike Carraretto, Clinical Member
- Dr Alain Vuylsteke, Clinical Member
- Claire Horsfield, Affiliate Member
- Ganesh Suntharalingam, Affiliate Member
- Alison Pittard, Affiliate Member
- Jacquie Kemp, Lead Commissioner
- Richard Bourne, Pharmacy Lead
- Catherine Croucher, Public Health England lead
- Martin Davies, Patient and Public Voice representative
- Beccie Ions, Patient and Public Voice representative
A key part of the CRG’s work is the delivery of the ‘products’ of commissioning. These are the tools used by the 10 Hub Commissioning Teams to contract services on an annual basis.
Service specifications are important in clearly defining the standards of care expected from organisations funded by NHS England to provide specialised care. The specifications have been developed by specialised clinicians, commissioners, expert patients and public health representatives to describe both core and developmental service standards. Core standards are those that all funded providers should be able to demonstrate, with developmental standards being those which may require further changes in practice over time to provide excellence in the field.
The following service specifications fall within the scope of this CRG:
- Adult Critical Care Transfer services
- Adult Critical Care services
- Extra corporeal membrane oxygenation for respiratory failure in adults