British Medical Association (BMA)
- GP guidance on COVID-19 vaccination programme – updated 15 April 2021: This guidance provides detail about what the CVP (COVID-19 vaccination programme) service in England involves, what is expected of practices, what you will get to support this work, and guidance on what to do now.
Care Quality Commission (CQC)
- Registration: Flu and COVID-19 vaccination arrangements – updated 1 December 2020.
- Giving the COVID-19 vaccine to someone living with dementia – updated 27 January 2021.
- Useful tips on the COVID-19 vaccine for people with dementia
Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC)
- Statement on AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine following MHRA update – published 7 April 2021.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccination statistics, plans and documentation – published 19 February 2021.
- UK COVID-19 vaccine uptake plan – published 13 February 2021. This plan sets out the approach to making sure that as many people as possible take up the offer of vaccination.
Health Education England (HEE)
- E-learning for healthcare: COVID-19 vaccination e-learning programme: Information on the vaccination roll out including useful links and additional training for vaccinators.
Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI)
- Use of the AstraZeneca COVID-19 (AZD1222) vaccine: updated JCVI statement – published 7 May 2021
- JCVI new advice on COVID-19 vaccination for pregnant women – published 16 April 2021
- JCVI final statement on phase 2 of the COVID-19 vaccination programme – published 13 April 2021.
- Prioritising the first COVID-19 vaccine dose: JCVI statement – updated 26 January 2021: Statement from the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI) about increasing the short-term impact of the COVID-19 vaccination programme.
- Priority groups for coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccination: advice from the JCVI – updated 6 January 2021: Advice from the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI) on the groups that should be prioritised for vaccination. This advice is provided to facilitate the development of policy on COVID-19 vaccination in the UK.
Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA)
- MHRA issues new advice, concluding a possible link between COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca and extremely rare, unlikely to occur blood clots – published 7 April 2021.
- Government response: UK regulator confirms that people should continue to receive the COVID-19 vaccine AstraZeneca – updated 7 April 2021.
- Regulatory approval of COVID-19 Vaccine Moderna – updated 19 April 2021: Information for healthcare professionals and the public about the COVID-19 Vaccine Moderna.
- Regulatory approval of COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca – updated 15 April 2021: Information for healthcare professionals and the public about the COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca.
- Regulatory approval of Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine for COVID-19 – updated 31 March 2021: Information for healthcare professionals and the public about the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine.
- Central Alerting System (CAS) – published 31 December 2020. Letter from the UK Chief Medical Officers regarding the UK COVID-19 vaccination programmes.
- MHRA guidance on coronavirus (COVID-19) – updated 7 April 2021: Guidance and information for industry, healthcare professionals and patients covering the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
- Coronavirus Yellow Card reporting site: Use this site to report suspected side effects to medicines, vaccines or medical device and diagnostic adverse incidents used in coronavirus treatment.
- Indemnity arrangements for the COVID-19 vaccination programme: frequently asked questions – updated 9 April 2021.
- Coronavirus vaccine: Information for the public – updated 29 April 2021.
- COVID-19 mRNA Vaccine BNT162b2 Reg 174 information for UK healthcare professionals – published January 2021: Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine preparation and administration video, poster and background and evidence slide set for healthcare professionals.
Public Health England (PHE)
- COVID-19 vaccination: blood clotting information for healthcare professionals – updated 9 April 2021.
- COVID-19 vaccination programme – updated 23 April 2021. Documents relating to the coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccination programme.
- JCVI advises inviting people on Learning Disability Register for vaccine – published 24 February 2021.
- COVID-19 vaccination: British Sign Language resources – updated 5 May 2021.
- COVID-19: vaccine surveillance strategy – updated 29 March 2021. Information on the COVID-19 vaccine surveillance strategy in England.
- National protocol for COVID-19 Vaccine Moderna – published 8 April 2021.
- National protocol for COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca (ChAdOx1-S [recombinant]) – updated 27 April 2021. Protocol for the administration of COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca (ChAdOx1-S [recombinant]) to individuals in accordance with the national COVID-19 vaccination programme.
- National protocol for COVID-19 mRNA vaccine BNT162b2 (Pfizer/BioNTech) – updated 13 April 2021.
- COVID-19 vaccination: consent form and letter for healthcare workers – updated 21 January 2021.
- COVID-19 vaccination: consent form and letter for social care staff – updated 26 January 2021.
- COVID-19 vaccination: booking an appointment letter – updated 5 May 2021
- COVID-19: the green book, chapter 14a – updated 16 April 2021: Chapter 14a of the ‘green book’ includes information on:
- the coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccines
- the dosage and schedule for the UK
- recommendations for the use of the vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccination programme: guidance for healthcare practitioners – updated 30 April 2021: This document about the COVID-19 vaccination programme is intended for healthcare staff delivering the programme. See Appendix 1 for Vaccine interchangeability guidance to follow for which vaccines to give those vaccinated abroad.
- COVID-19 vaccination: guide for healthcare workers – updated 1 March 2021: Leaflet for healthcare workers and includes information on the COVID-19 vaccine.
- COVID-19 vaccination: a guide for social care staff – updated 1 March 2021: Information for frontline social care workers on COVID-19 vaccination.
- COVID-19 vaccination: what to expect after vaccination – updated 5 May 2021: Leaflet intended for healthcare practitioners to give to individuals who are being immunised.
- COVID-19 vaccination: why you are being asked to wait – updated 1 March 2021: Leaflet to help healthcare professionals answer questions on the eligibility and availability of the COVID-19 vaccine.
- COVID-19 vaccination: guide for older adults – updated 26 April 2021: Information for eligible adults on COVID-19 vaccination.
- COVID-19 vaccination: women of childbearing age, currently pregnant or breastfeeding – updated 23 April 2021: Information for all women of childbearing age, those currently pregnant or breastfeeding on coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccination.
- COVID-19 vaccination: care home and healthcare settings posters – updated 23 April 2021: Information and promotional resources to support the coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccination programme.
- COVID-19: vaccinator competency assessment tool – updated 16 March 2021: This document has been developed by Public Health England to support the training and assessment of healthcare workers involved in delivering the COVID-19 vaccine programme.
- COVID-19: vaccinator training recommendations – updated 8 December 2020: Guidance on coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccination training to support healthcare workers involved in delivering the programme.
- COVID-19 vaccine resources: Public Health England’s Campaign Resource Centre featuring posters, social media assets and email signatures. To access all content users have to subscribe.
- COVID-19 vaccination training slide set: PowerPoint presentation for vaccination trainers.
Resuscitation Council UK
- Anaphylaxis guidance for vaccination settings – published 15 December 2020: Updated information for use in any vaccination setting to give clear guidance to healthcare professionals involved, with a poster of the algorithm for the management of anaphylaxis in the vaccination setting.
Royal College of General Practitioners (RCGP)
- Managing anaphylaxis: guidance for GPs delivering the COVID-19 vaccine – updated 15 December 2020: In this webinar, Dr Michael Mulholland, Dr Jonathan Leach and Dr Paul Turner discuss the management of anaphylaxis in the context of the COVID-19 vaccine.
Royal College of Nursing (RCN)
- COVID-19 vaccination information and guidance: This resource is designed to signpost RCN members to the available information, guidance and relevant RCN positions on the UK COVID-19 vaccine programmes.
Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecology (RCOG)
- Information for healthcare professionals and pregnant women eligible for COVID-19 vaccination
- The RCOG and the RCM respond to misinformation around COVID-19 vaccine and fertility – published 19 January 2021
Specialist Pharmacy Service
- COVID-19 Vaccines – general information and guidance for each COVID-19 vaccine including:
- composition (excipients)
- preparation and handling of the vaccines in different sites
- guidance for use of the COVID-19 vaccines medical speciality and care setting.
- Pharmacy Institutional Readiness for Management of Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine – Guidance for Chief Pharmacists – updated 14 April 2021: Outlines the medicines management responsibilities of Chief Pharmacists for mass vaccination, hub and non hub Trust sites, and to provide supporting guidance and resources.
- Standard Operating Procedures – rolling publication dates.