AstraZeneca UK Ltd
- Information leaflet for UK recipients of COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca – published 4 January 2021
British Medical Association (BMA)
- GP guidance on COVID-19 vaccination programme – updated 16 February 2021: This guidance provides detail about what the CVP (COVID-19 vaccination programme) service in England involves, what is expected of practices, what you will get to support this work, and guidance on what to do now.
Care Quality Commission (CQC)
- Registration: Flu and COVID-19 vaccination arrangements – updated 1 December 2020.
- Giving the COVID-19 vaccine to someone living with dementia – updated 27 January 2021.
- Useful tips on the COVID-19 vaccine for people with dementia
Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy
- The Vaccine Taskforce: objectives and membership of steering group – published 24 November 2020: The purpose of the Vaccine Taskforce (VTF) is to drive forward the development and production of a coronavirus vaccine. This document details the taskforce’s objectives and membership.
Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC)
- Our vaccination programme is a national success story – published 2 March 2021. Oral statement by the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care on the impact of the vaccine roll-out, and efforts to contain the new variant of concern first identified in Manaus in Brazil.
- Letter from the Health and Social Care Secretary on COVID-19 vaccination in people with learning disabilities – published 24 February 2021.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccination statistics, plans and documentation – published 19 February 2021.
- UK COVID-19 vaccine uptake plan – published 13 February 2021. This plan sets out the approach to making sure that as many people as possible take up the offer of vaccination.
- UK COVID-19 vaccines delivery plan – updated 13 January 2021. How the UK government was able to build up a supply of vaccines and how it is planning to deploy them.
- Prioritising the first COVID-19 vaccine dose: JCVI statement – updated 26 January 2021: Statement from the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI) about increasing the short-term impact of the COVID-19 vaccination programme.
- Priority groups for coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccination: advice from the JCVI – updated 6 January 2021: Advice from the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI) on the groups that should be prioritised for vaccination. This advice is provided to facilitate the development of policy on COVID-19 vaccination in the UK.
- COVID-19 vaccinations and care homes: programme launch – published 4 December 2020.
Health Education England (HEE)
- E-learning for healthcare: COVID-19 vaccination e-learning programme: Information on the vaccination roll out including useful links and additional training for vaccinators.
Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA)
- Regulatory approval of COVID-19 Vaccine Moderna – updated 19 February 2021: Information for healthcare professionals and the public about the COVID-19 Vaccine Moderna.
- Regulatory approval of COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca – updated 28 January 2021: Information for healthcare professionals and the public about the COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca.
- Regulatory approval of Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine for COVID-19 – updated 28 January 2021: Information for healthcare professionals and the public about the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine.
- Central Alerting System (CAS) – published 31 December 2020. Letter from the UK Chief Medical Officers regarding the UK COVID-19 vaccination programmes.
- Oxford University/AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine approved – published 30 December 2020.
- MHRA statement on managing allergic reactions following COVID-19 vaccination with the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine – published 9 December 2020.
- MHRA guidance on coronavirus (COVID-19) – updated 5 February 2021: Guidance and information for industry, healthcare professionals and patients covering the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
- MHRA scientific and regulatory advice for COVID-19 vaccine developers – published 23 November 2020: MHRA scientific and regulatory advice for COVID-19 vaccine developers.
- Coronavirus Yellow Card reporting site: Use this site to report suspected side effects to medicines, vaccines or medical device and diagnostic adverse incidents used in coronavirus treatment.
- Indemnity arrangements for the COVID-19 vaccination programme: frequently asked questions – updated 4 February 2021.
- Coronavirus vaccine: Information for the public – updated 26 February 2021.
- COVID-19 mRNA Vaccine BNT162b2 Reg 174 information for UK healthcare professionals – published January 2021: Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine preparation and administration video, poster and background and evidence slide set for healthcare professionals.
Public Health England (PHE)
- JCVI advises inviting people on Learning Disability Register for vaccine – published 24 February 2021.
- COVID-19 vaccination: British Sign Language resources – published 9 February 2021.
- COVID-19: vaccine surveillance strategy – published 11 January 2021. Information on the COVID-19 vaccine surveillance strategy in England.
- National protocol for COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca (ChAdOx1-S [recombinant]) – published 10 January 2021. Protocol for the administration of COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca (ChAdOx1-S [recombinant]) to individuals in accordance with the national COVID-19 vaccination programme.
- National protocol for COVID-19 mRNA vaccine BNT162b2 (Pfizer/BioNTech) – updated 10 January 2021.
- COVID-19 vaccination: consent form and letter for healthcare workers – published 21 January 2020.
- COVID-19 vaccination: consent form and letter for social care staff – updated 26 January 2021
- COVID-19: the green book, chapter 14a – updated 12 February 2021: Chapter 14a of the ‘green book’ includes information on:
- the coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccines
- the dosage and schedule for the UK
- recommendations for the use of the vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccination programme: guidance for healthcare practitioners – updated 26 February 2021: This document about the COVID-19 vaccination programme is intended for healthcare staff delivering the programme.
- COVID-19 vaccination: guide for healthcare workers – updated 1 March 2021: Leaflet for healthcare workers and includes information on the COVID-19 vaccine.
- COVID-19 vaccination: a guide for social care staff – updated 1 March 2021: Information for frontline social care workers on COVID-19 vaccination.
- COVID-19 vaccination: what to expect after vaccination – updated 1 March 2021: Leaflet intended for healthcare practitioners to give to individuals who are being immunised.
- COVID-19 vaccination: why you are being asked to wait – updated 1 March 2021: Leaflet to help healthcare professionals answer questions on the eligibility and availability of the COVID-19 vaccine.
- COVID-19 vaccination: guide for older adults – updated 1 March 2021: Information for eligible adults on COVID-19 vaccination.
- COVID-19 vaccination: women of childbearing age, currently pregnant or breastfeeding – updated 1 March 2021: Information for all women of childbearing age, those currently pregnant or breastfeeding on coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccination.
- COVID-19 vaccination: care home and healthcare settings posters – updated 23 February 2021: Information and promotional resources to support the coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccination programme.
- COVID-19: vaccinator competency assessment tool – updated 8 December 2020: This document has been developed by Public Health England to support the training and assessment of healthcare workers involved in delivering the COVID-19 vaccine programme.
- COVID-19: vaccinator training recommendations – updated 8 December 2020: Guidance on coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccination training to support healthcare workers involved in delivering the programme.
- COVID-19 vaccine resources: Public Health England’s Campaign Resource Centre featuring posters, social media assets and email signatures. To access all content users have to subscribe.
- COVID-19 vaccination training slide set: PowerPoint presentation for vaccination trainers.
- Immunisation patient group direction (PGD) templates – updated 27 January 2021: PGD templates to support national immunisation programmes provided on the NHS.
Resuscitation Council UK
- Anaphylaxis guidance for vaccination settings – published 15 December 2020: Updated information for use in any vaccination setting to give clear guidance to healthcare professionals involved, with a poster of the algorithm for the management of anaphylaxis in the vaccination setting.
Royal College of General Practitioners (RCGP)
- Delivering Mass Vaccinations During COVID-19: A Logistical Guide for General Practice – published 25 August 2020: This document has been written by a number of clinicians with experience of delivering vaccinations at scale. It is written with the understanding that a number of mass vaccination programmes may need to be delivered during mid-2020 to 2021, while COVID-19 continues to be in general circulation; it will address approaches to delivering large-scale vaccination programmes in this context. This document will not cover clinical aspects of immunisations.
- Managing anaphylaxis: guidance for GPs delivering the COVID-19 vaccine – updated 15 December 2020: In this webinar, Dr Michael Mulholland, Dr Jonathan Leach and Dr Paul Turner discuss the management of anaphylaxis in the context of the COVID-19 vaccine.
Royal College of Nursing (RCN)
- Immunisation services and large-scale vaccination delivery during COVID-19: Extensive information for members of the RCN on vaccination.
- COVID-19 vaccination information and guidance: This resource is designed to signpost RCN members to the available information, guidance and relevant RCN positions on the UK COVID-19 vaccine programmes.
Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecology (RCOG)
- Information for healthcare professionals and pregnant women eligible for COVID-19 vaccination
- The RCOG and the RCM respond to misinformation around COVID-19 vaccine and fertility – published 19 January 2021
Specialist Pharmacy Service
- COVID-19 Vaccines – general information and guidance for each COVID-19 vaccine including:
- composition (excipients)
- preparation and handling of the vaccines in different sites
- guidance for use of the COVID-19 vaccines medical speciality and care setting.
- Pharmacy Institutional Readiness for Management of Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine – Guidance for Chief Pharmacists – published 24 December 2020: Outlines the medicines management responsibilities of Chief Pharmacists for mass vaccination, hub and non hub Trust sites, and to provide supporting guidance and resources.
- Standard Operating Procedures – rolling publication dates.