British Medical Association (BMA)
- GP guidance on vaccination programme: This guidance provides detail about what the CVP (COVID-19 vaccination programme) service in England involves, what is expected of practices, what you will get to support this work, and guidance on what to do now.
Care Quality Commission (CQC)
- Giving the vaccine to someone living with dementia
- Useful tips on the vaccine for people with dementia
Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC)
- Statement on AstraZeneca vaccine following MHRA update
- Vaccination statistics, plans and documentation
- UK vaccine uptake plan: This plan sets out the approach to making sure that as many people as possible take up the offer of vaccination.
Health Education England (HEE)
- E-learning for healthcare: vaccination e-learning programme: Information on the vaccination roll out including useful links and additional training for vaccinators.
Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI)
- Interim advice on the potential requirements for a COVID-19 booster vaccination programme for winter 2021 to 2022
- Use of the AstraZeneca vaccine: updated JCVI statement
- JCVI new advice on vaccination for pregnant women
- JCVI final statement on phase 2 of the vaccination programme
- Prioritising the first vaccine dose: JCVI statement: Statement from the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI) about increasing the short-term impact of the COVID-19 vaccination programme.
- Priority groups for vaccination: advice from the JCVI: Advice from the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI) on the groups that should be prioritised for vaccination. This advice is provided to facilitate the development of policy on COVID-19 vaccination in the UK.
Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA)
- MHRA guidance on coronavirus (COVID-19): Guidance and information for industry, healthcare professionals and patients covering the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
- Janssen vaccine approval: Information for healthcare professionals and the public about the COVID-19 Vaccine Janssen.
- Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine approval: Information for healthcare professionals and the public about the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine.
- Moderna vaccine vaccine approval: Information for healthcare professionals and the public about the COVID-19 Vaccine Moderna.
- AstraZeneca vaccine approval: Information for healthcare professionals and the public about the COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca.
- MHRA issues new advice, concluding a possible link between COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca and extremely rare, unlikely to occur blood clots
- Government response: people should continue to receive the COVID-19 vaccine AstraZeneca
- Central Alerting System (CAS): Letter from the UK Chief Medical Officers regarding the UK COVID-19 vaccination programmes.
- Yellow Card reporting site: Use this site to report suspected side effects to medicines, vaccines or medical device and diagnostic adverse incidents used in coronavirus treatment.
Public Health England (PHE)
- The green book, chapter 14a: Chapter 14a of the ‘green book’ includes information on:
- the coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccines
- the dosage and schedule for the UK
- recommendations for the use of the vaccine
- Guide for older adults: Information for eligible adults on COVID-19 vaccination.
- Guidance for healthcare practitioners: This document about the COVID-19 vaccination programme is intended for healthcare staff delivering the programme. See Appendix 1 for Vaccine interchangeability guidance to follow for which vaccines to give those vaccinated abroad.
- Women of childbearing age, currently pregnant or breastfeeding: Information for all women of childbearing age, those currently pregnant or breastfeeding on coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccination.
- What to expect after vaccination: Leaflet intended for healthcare practitioners to give to individuals who are being immunised.
- Blood clotting information for healthcare professionals
- British Sign Language resources
- Vaccine surveillance strategy: Information on the COVID-19 vaccine surveillance strategy in England.
- JCVI advises inviting people on Learning Disability Register for vaccine
- Guide for healthcare workers: Leaflet for healthcare workers and includes information on the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Guide for social care staff: Information for frontline social care workers on COVID-19 vaccination.
- AstraZeneca vaccine national protocol
- Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine national protocol
- Moderna vaccine national protocol
- Vaccine resources: Public Health England’s Campaign Resource Centre featuring posters, social media assets and email signatures. To access all content users have to subscribe.
- Care home and healthcare settings posters: Information and promotional resources to support the coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccination programme.
Templates and forms
- Booking an appointment letter
- Consent form and letter for social care staff
- Consent form and letter for healthcare workers
- Vaccinator competency assessment tool: This document has been developed by Public Health England to support the training and assessment of healthcare workers involved in delivering the COVID-19 vaccine programme.
- Vaccinator training recommendations: Guidance on coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccination training to support healthcare workers involved in delivering the programme.
- Vaccination training slide set: PowerPoint presentation for vaccination trainers.
Resuscitation Council UK
- Anaphylaxis guidance for vaccination settings: Updated information for use in any vaccination setting to give clear guidance to healthcare professionals involved, with a poster of the algorithm for the management of anaphylaxis in the vaccination setting.
Royal College of General Practitioners (RCGP)
- Managing anaphylaxis: guidance for GPs delivering the vaccine: In this webinar, Dr Michael Mulholland, Dr Jonathan Leach and Dr Paul Turner discuss the management of anaphylaxis in the context of the COVID-19 vaccine.
Royal College of Nursing (RCN)
- Information and guidance on the vaccine: This resource is designed to signpost RCN members to the available information, guidance and relevant RCN positions on the UK COVID-19 vaccine programmes.
Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecology (RCOG)
- Information for healthcare professionals and pregnant women eligible for the vaccination
- Response to misinformation around the vaccine and fertility
Specialist Pharmacy Service
- COVID-19 Vaccines – general information and guidance for each COVID-19 vaccine including:
- composition (excipients)
- preparation and handling of the vaccines in different sites
- guidance for use of the COVID-19 vaccines medical speciality and care setting.
- Guidance for Chief Pharmacists – pharmacy institutional readiness for management of Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine: Outlines the medicines management responsibilities of Chief Pharmacists for mass vaccination, hub and non hub Trust sites, and to provide supporting guidance and resources.
- Standard Operating Procedures