The Digital Maturity Self-Assessment measures how well secondary care providers in England are making use of digital technology to achieve a health and care system that is paper-free at the point of care.
The Digital Maturity Self-Assessment helps individual organisations identify key strengths and gaps in provision of digital services and provides an overview of progress across the country is doing as a whole.
How digital maturity is measured
The Assessment measures maturity against the following key themes:
- Readiness: the extent to which providers are able to plan and deploy digital services
- Capabilities: the extent to which providers are using digital technology to support the delivery of care
- Infrastructure: the extent to which providers have the underlying infrastructure in place to support these capabilities
For more detailed breakdown of these measures, please view the Digital Maturity Self-Assessment Structure.
Buidling on the 2016 Digital Maturity Self-Assessment we worked closely with clinical and non-clinical provider stakeholders to identify how the Assessment could be improved to better meet providers’ requirements.
As a result of this feedback the 2017 Digital Maturity Self-Assessment was revised to provide Acute, Mental Health, Community and Ambulance organisations with an updated survey containing questions tailored to their particular care setting.
What the Digital Maturity Self-Assessment can do for you
The Digital Maturity Self-Assessment can help providers by:
- Providing a framework to identify opportunities for improvement and further development.
- Encouraging knowledge sharing initiatives with similar organisations.
The Digital Maturity Self-Assessment can help system leaders by:
- Identifying common gaps among providers to support investment decisions.
- Informing joint procurement exercises.
How to access digital maturity data
For an overarching view of the country’s digital maturity by key theme, you can also see this visual summary from a national perspective.
Get in touch
If you would like any more information about the Digital Maturity Self-Assessment or to obtain an offline version of the survey please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Maternity Digital Maturity Assessment
For information on the Maternity Digital Maturity Assessment and how to access the online platform, please contact email@example.com.