The Federated Data Platform Check and Challenge Group is a new stakeholder advisory group which provides strategic advice to NHS England’s Federated Data Platform on communications, engagement, and transparency. It was established in November 2023.
It considers patient, public, professional, and ethical context, and complements the Health Data Patient and Public Engagement and Communications Advisory Panel (PPECAP).
The group meets monthly and is attended by members from a range of organisations with knowledge and expertise regarding health data, patient and public voice, data security and the health system, including:
- National Voices (Independent Chair)
- Office of the National Data Guardian
- Association of Medical Research Charities
- Nottingham University Hospital Trust
- Healthwatch England
- Understanding Patient Data
- Royal College of Surgeons
- Academy of Medical Royal Colleges
- Patients Association
- NHS Frimley
- North West London Integrated Care System
- Information Commissioner’s Office
- NHS England
- Department of Health and Social Care
Participation in the group should not be viewed as any organisation being supportive of the programme.
The Group is embedded in both the programme governance arrangements and in the communications and engagement strategy for the FDP programme.
See the Terms of reference, which define the role of the Check and Challenge Group, membership, and operating model.
Action notes from the Group’s meetings can be downloaded below.