NHS England is currently supporting three digitally advanced ambulance trusts, through funding and international partnership opportunities, to become Global Digital Exemplars over the next two and a half years.
These trusts are:
- South Central Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- North East Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
How were trusts selected
Trusts who met the following criteria were invited to submit expressions of interest:
- An active and deployed electronic Patient Care Record (e-PCR) solution for frontline ambulance staff
- A good track record of delivery of digital technology projects
- Trusts demonstrated a good level of financial stability, with an NHS Improvement segmentation of at least 2 with financial control totals needing to have been agreed before any funding is released.
Expressions of interests were assessed by a multidisciplinary panel including Will Smart, Chief Information Officer for the NHS, and Professor Jonathan Benger, National Clinical Director Urgent and Emergency Care, NHS England.