The General Practice Forward View committed to providing financial support to every GP practice that is a tenant in an NHS Property Services or Community Health Partnerships building to enter into a new lease. This offer is available until 31 March 2018 and includes:
- Reimbursement of Stamp Duty Land Tax for the initial term (up to 15 years)
- Contributing up to £1,000 plus VAT of legal fees related to the lease transaction
- Reimbursement of management fees for the financial year 2016/2017 and 2017/2018.
The process for claiming support
- The GP practice should formalise their lease with Community Health Partnerships/NHS Property Services Ltd.
- The GP practice will incur costs and should apply for reimbursements by submitting the Lease Incentives Claim Form to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 March 2018
- The claim form will sent to the GP practice’s commissioner for review and subject to approval, the NHS England Central Finance Team will be instructed to release the revenue to the local commissioner so they can reimburse the GP practice.