The New to Partnership Payment Scheme (N2PP) was a commitment from the February 2020 ‘Update to the GP Contract agreement 2020/21–2023/24’, forming part of the suite of interlocking GP recruitment and retention initiatives. The N2PP scheme was introduced in July 2020 for an anticipated two years. In December 2021, NHS England extended the scheme into 2023. GPs and other clinical staff intending to apply for the scheme need to have entered into an equity partnership by 31 March 2023 to be able to submit an application by 30 June 2023.
The scheme gives eligible participants a sum of up to £20,000 plus a contribution towards on-costs of up to £4,000 (for a full time participant) available to support establishment as a partner, as well as up to £3,000 in a training fund to develop non-clinical partnership skills. In order to participate in the scheme, applicants will be required to ensure that they submit an application form and supplementary evidence to NHSEI and meet the eligibility criteria.
To be eligible to participate in the scheme, the applicant must:
- be a Health Care Professional working in general practice who are registered with their respective professional body and delivering clinical care to patients in general practice through a GMS/ PMS/ APMS contract
- not have been a partner in a GP practice before
- hold a profit-shares, legally-liable partnership
- commit to remaining a partner in a GP practice for five years (or pay back a portion of the loan)
- deliver a minimum of two clinical sessions per week in their partnership practice throughout the five year period
- have signed a partnership agreement on or after 1 April 2020 and before the scheme closes
- have a minimum of two years remaining in their contract.
How to apply?
Applications should be made via the online application portal www.primarycareworkforce.nhs.uk by 30 June 2023.
Interested colleagues and their practice should review the New to Partnership Payment Scheme guidance, complete the online application and provide supplementary evidence to support their application. All prospective applicants are encouraged to take their own financial advice before applying to the scheme.
If you experience any issues logging in to or using the online portal, guidance is available on the Future NHS Collaboration Portal (this platform requires a log in) or contact the team: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please refer to the Privacy Notice for details of how NHS England will use the personal information that you provide.
If you don’t already hold a Future NHS account you can simply register via the FutureNHS login page. Should you have any issues accessing the platform please contact our Primary Care Workforce team at email@example.com.