Find out more about Hertfordshire and West Essex integrated care system (ICS) including details of its population size, constituent organisations and priorities.
- Helping people to make the right choices about their health, living as independently as possible and accessing support at the right time and place.
- Improving support to people through partnerships with district councils, third sector, employers and community organisations.
- Integrating primary, community, mental health and social care teams around defined communities and their needs.
- Introducing consistent best practice pathways, supported by integrated models of delivery.
- Ensuring people are admitted to hospital at the right time for the right reason, and only when hospital is the right place for them.
- Putting in place support to enable people to be quickly discharged from hospital when they are ready.
- Making effective and efficient use of available resources across the ICS area.
The following organisations are part of Hertfordshire and West Essex ICS. For individual contact details for these organisations, please see the NHS website.
- 160 practices
- Central London Community Healthcare NHS Trust
- East and North Hertfordshire CCG
- East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust
- Essex County Council
- Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust
- Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust
- Hertfordshire County Council
- Hertfordshire Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust
- Herts Valleys CCG
- Hundreds of health and social care partners, including voluntary and community organisations
- Princess Alexandra Hospital NHS Trust
- The East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust
- Thirteen district and borough councils
- Two branches of Healthwatch
- Two Health and Wellbeing Boards for Hertfordshire and Essex
- West Essex CCG
- West Hertfordshire NHS Hospitals Trust
Contact Hertfordshire and West Essex ICS
ICS leader: Dr Jane Halpin
Independent Chair: Paul Burstow