Work will continue on the projects detailed above into 2018/19, as well as work in other areas that will help the integrated care system deliver on its ambitions:
- The integrated care system will continue to roll out successful models for out-of-hospital care and community hubs at other community sites
- GPs working together in networks (30,000-50,000 population) will be supported by integrated local teams, joining up care for older people and people with complex health needs
- Reablement and social care services will be transformed to help more people to live independently at home for longer
- It will be easier to get GP appointments at evenings and weekends and a new 24/7 primary care service will be developed including ‘primary care hubs’
- The new integrated musculoskeletal service will be fully rolled out by 2019
- Access to mental health services will be increased
- The prevention, diagnosis and treatment of cancer will be improved.