In 2016, NHS organisations and local councils joined forces in every part of England to develop proposals for improved health and care. These were drawn up by senior figures from different parts of the local health and care system, following discussion with staff, patients and others in the communities they serve.
Below, you can find out more about the proposals each area set out in 2016. These are being implemented by sustainability and transformation partnerships and, in many areas, by integrated care systems which are expected to cover the whole country by April 2021.
Find out more about the STPs in the North East and Yorkshire region:
- Durham, Darlington, Teesside, Hambleton, Richmondshire and Whitby
- Northumberland, Tyne and Wear and North Durham
Find out more about the STPs in the North West region:
Find out more about the STPs in the Midlands region:
- Coventry and Warwickshire
- Herefordshire and Worcestershire
- Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland
- Shropshire, Telford & Wrekin
- Staffordshire and Stoke on Trent
- The Black Country
Find out more about the STPs in the East of England region:
Find out more about the STPs in the South West region:
Find out more about the STPs in the South East region: