Manchester is a HM government devolution area. Find out more about Greater Manchester Health and Social Care Partnership including details of its population size, constituent organisations and priorities. This partnership is developing into an integrated care system.
Greater Manchester aims to deliver the greatest and fastest possible improvement to the health and wellbeing of the people of Greater Manchester.
The objectives of Greater Manchester STP are to:
- Transform the health and social care system.
- Align health and social care systems to wider public services such as education, skills, work and housing.
- Create a financially balanced and sustainable system.
- Make sure services are clinically safe throughout.
- Fewer people will die early from diseases like cardio-vascular disease, cancer and respiratory disease.
- More children will reach a good level of social, cognitive and emotional development.
- Fewer babies will have a low birth weight and have better outcomes.
- More people staying well and living at home as long as possible.
- Taking better care of those who are ill.
Which area does the STP cover?
The following map shows the area that Greater Manchester Health and Social Care Partnership covers:
The following organisations are part of Greater Manchester Health and Social Care Partnership. For individual contact details for these organisations, please see the NHS website.
- Bolton CCG
- Bolton Council
- Bolton NHS Foundation Trust
- Bury CCG
- Bury Council
- Central Manchester NHS Foundation Trust
- Greater Manchester Mental
- Health NHS Foundation Trust
- Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
- Heywood, Middleton and Rochdale CCG
- Manchester City Council
- Manchester Health and Care Commissioning
- Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust
- North West Ambulance Service NHS Trust
- North West Boroughs
- Oldham CCG
- Oldham Council
- Pennine Acute NHS Hospitals Trust
- Pennine Care NHS Foundation Trust
- Rochdale Borough Council
- Salford CCG
- Salford City Council
- Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust
- Stockport CCG
- Stockport Metropolitan Borough Council
- Stockport NHS Foundation Trust
- Tameside and Glossop CCG
- Tameside and Glossop Integrated Care NHS Foundation Trust
- Tameside Metropolitan Borough Council
- The Christie NHS Foundation Trust
- Trafford CCG
- Trafford Council
- Wigan CCG
- Wigan Council
- Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust
Contact Greater Manchester Health and Social Care Partnership
STP leader: Jon Rouse, Chief Officer, Greater Manchester Health & Social Care Partnership
Independent Chair: Lord Peter Smith