Find out more about Northumberland, Tyne and Wear and North Durham sustainability and transformation partnership (STP) including details of its population size, constituent organisations and priorities.
- Reducing the prevalence of smoking and obesity, and reducing the impact of alcohol.
- Support the long-term unemployed back into work by collaborating with the North East Combined Authority partners.
- Enhancing people’s ability to self-care, increasing their independence and self-esteem.
- Driving change to the out-of-hospital-care system by delivering the NHS’s General Practices Forward View, developing care closer to home and working with communities to provide support based on need, while reducing the reliance on hospitals and care homes.
- Delivery of the NHS’s Mental Health Five Year Forward View. Reducing demand for secondary and tertiary children’s and young people’s services, as well as waiting times.
- Reducing admissions and length of stay due to more effective integrated management of co-existing physical and mental health conditions.
- Reduction in A&E attendances.
Which area does the STP cover?
The following map shows the area that Northumberland, Tyne and Wear and North Durham covers:
The following organisations are part of Northumberland, Tyne and Wear and North Durham STP. For individual contact details for these organisations, please see the NHS website.
- Gateshead Council
- Newcastle City Council
- Newcastle Gateshead CCG
- Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- NHS England (Cumbria and North East)
- North East Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- North Durham CCG
- North Tyneside CCG
- North Tyneside Council
- Northumberland CCG
- Northumberland County Council
- Northumberland, Tyne and Wear NHS Foundation Trust
- South Tyneside CCG
- South Tyneside Council
- Sunderland CCG
- Sunderland City Council
Contact Northumberland, Tyne and Wear and North Durham STP
STP leader: Mark Adams, Chief Officer, Newcastle Gateshead CCG