Find out more about West, North and East Cumbria sustainability and transformation partnership (STP) including details of its population size, constituent organisations and priorities.
- Implementing decisions made through the Healthcare For The Future consultation.
- Developing eight integrated care communities to move care out of hospital and into the community.
- Delivering financial efficiencies to get the system back to living within its means.
- Developing co-production as the way to do things across the system, harnessing the energy, ideas and support of local communities.
- Focusing on population health and mobilising local communities around prevention and self- care.
- Improving links with, and supporting, the care sector, which is under pressure.
- Developing links with tertiary centres in the North East of England, including in cancer and children’s acute care
Which area does the STP cover?
The following map shows the area that West, North and East Cumbria STP covers:
The following organisations are part of West, North and East Cumbria STP. For individual contact details for these organisations, please see the NHS website.
- Cumbria County Council
- Cumbria Health On Call
- Cumbria Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
- Health Education England
- Healthwatch Cumbria
- NHS England
- NHS Improvement
- North Cumbria CCG
- North Cumbria University Hospitals NHS Trust
- North West Ambulance Service NHS Trust
- Primary Care providers – GP Practices
- Tertiary providers in the north east
Contact West, North and East Cumbria STP
STP leader: Stephen Eames, Chief Executive, North Cumbria University Hospitals NHS Trust
(please mark your query: ‘FAO STP team’)