Care Makers are caring passionate people who champion the 6Cs and the principles of Leading Change, Adding Value – a national framework for all nursing, midwifery and care staff. Take a look at a short video about Leading Change, Adding Value:
They care about working in an improved NHS and are passionate about the people they care for and the environment they work in. Care Makers are dedicated to making a positive difference in any way that they can, however big or small.
What do Care Makers do?
- They inspire people – students, health care assistants, qualified staff, managers and allied health professionals of all levels and disciplines.
- They practice excellent person centred care.
- They encourage others to emulate their best practice by embodying the essence of the 6Cs in everyday life at work.
- They play a crucial role in identifying and reducing unwarranted variation in practice.
- They have a part to play in helping transform the NHS and its culture.
- They are creative – they use different channels including social media to spread the word about Leading Change, Adding Value and the principles of the 6Cs.
- They volunteer at events – visit universities, trusts, hospitals and others venues spreading the word about the Care Makerprogramme, Leading Change, Adding Value and the 6Cs.
- They are diverse – ensuring there are no boundaries to care in ethnicity, background, range of experiences and opinions.
Take a look at our Care Makers in action page for real life perspectives from Care Makers.