Caroline Clarke is the Regional Director for the NHS in London, which leads the NHS’ work in the capital and has an ambitious transformation agenda.
Caroline was previously Group Chief Executive (2019 – 2023) and Deputy Chief Executive (2012 – 2019) at the Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust since 2019, leading one of the largest teaching trusts in the country.
Prior to this, Caroline held senior positions including as Finance Director at multiple NHS Trusts and as Associate Partner in KPMG’s health strategy team.
Caroline is a trustee of Overcoming MS and the Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA), the representative body for finance staff in healthcare.
Passionate about both the NHS and London, Caroline started her NHS career as a finance trainee in 1991 and has lived in London for 35 years.
Caroline Clarke CV
- Royal Free London Group Chief Executive (February 2019 – April 2023)
- Royal Free London Chief Finance Officer (2011-18) and deputy chief executive (2012 to 2019)
- Royal Free Charity Trustee
- Managing Director and Director of Strategy at NHS North Central London (2009 to 2011)
- Associate Partner in KPMG’s health strategy team (2007 to 2009)
- Director of Finance at Homerton University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust and City and Hackney Primary Care Trust (2001-2007)
- 2023 named number 11 in the HSJ top 50 NHS CEOs
- Trustee of Overcoming MS and the Healthcare Financial Management Association.