The West Midlands Clinical Network strives to ensure that all stakeholders are aware of and are using the latest cancer related statistical data available to make informed decisions. On this page you will find a collection of links to an array of web based resources as well as some downloadable tools. Many tools allow the download of data for further interrogation.
Cancer Data and Sharing Event – 22nd November 2016
The Clinical Network and the National Cancer Registration and Analytical Service (NCRAS) collaborated to deliver a cancer data event. The aim was to raise awareness around the collection, availability and possible uses of cancer data, as well as future developments. The full slide deck is available upon request by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Web Based Resources – open access
These web based tools are open access and available to all. No login is required.
- CancerData – Public Health England. Contains many CCG and provider level statistics. This dashboard displays key CCG IAF cancer metrics.
- Local Cancer Intelligence – Macmillan and Public Health England. Uses metrics available via the cancer data portal but displays it in a user friendly format.
- Cancer Stats for the UK – Cancer Research UK. UK level tumour statistics with explanations.
- Local Cancer Stats in your area – Cancer Research UK. Uses metrics available via the cancer data portal but displays it in a user friendly format.
- Public Health Profiles – Public Health England. These profiles cover a wide range of health and wellbeing themes. There is a wealth of information. There is a cancer services profile, and cancer metrics within the National General Practice Profiles.
- National Cancer Patient Experience Survey – Quality Health and NHS England. Results from yearly surveys.
- Cancer Waiting Time Statistics – NHS England. Monthly and quarterly statistics for both providers and CCG’s going back to 2009.
- National Cancer Information Network – Public Health England – A wealth of information via downloadable resources and reports. This includes ‘cancer outcome metrics’ and ‘routes to diagnosis‘
- Cost-effective commissioning of colorectal cancer care – Public Health England. Includes a CCG based downloadable return on investment tool.
- Spend and Outcome Tool (SPOT) – Public Health England. The SPOT gives an overview of spend and outcomes across key areas of business for both Local Authorities and CCGs. Along with reports there is an interactive spreadsheet available for download.
- Global Cancer Observatory – An interactive web-based platform presenting global cancer statistic through data visualization.
- European Cancer Observatory – This platform provides a comprehensive system of information on cancer burden in Europe.
Web Based Tools – secure login
This tool require a secure login and may require an NHS N3 connection to gain access
- CancerStats – Public Health England. Access to COSD, incidence, mortality, survival, national audits and legacy Cancer Commissioning Toolkit (CCT) tools.
National Cancer Registration and Analysis Service
The National Cancer Registration and Analysis Service (NCAS) produce a resource that highlights the full range of cancer statistics available with their location.
If you would like to know more about the availability of cancer data, then please contact: email@example.com