- Guidance on Preparation for medical Appraisal for General Practitioners, v1, March 2018
- Medical Revalidation Second Cycle
- SOP Suspending an Appraisal
- Review template for quality assuring medial appraisal
- Notes on the updated RCGP guidance on supporting information – March 16
New Appraiser Training Resources
Senior Appraiser Team
The senior appraiser team is responsible for supporting the appraisal lead and the appraisers. They have a number of roles as follows:
- Supporting new appraisers
- Undertaking quality assurance reviews on 4 appraisals per year for each appraiser
- Undertaking 1:1 reviews with each appraiser every 1 to 3 years
- Supporting the mandatory training programme for appraisers
- Delivering new appraiser training
- Running local appraiser meetings
Revalidation Management System (RMS)
All appraisers should use the RMS for managing the doctors they are booked to appraise in the current appraisal year. It is essential that appraisers complete the Appraisal Output Summary (AoS) following an appraisal. Failure to complete the AoS means that invoices for appraisals will not be submitted for payment until the AoS has been completed.
Locality GP Appraiser Meetings
Local appraiser meetings are a very good opportunity to meet other appraisers and discuss appraisal issues with colleagues, receive advice and updates from the senior appraiser and to discuss ‘complex’ or problematic appraisals.
Local appraiser meetings are run 2-3 times a year in some of the localities across NHS England Central Midlands. If you wish to attend a meeting, please contact the relevant senior appraiser to find out when the next meeting is running.
East Herts – please contact Debra Gilbert at firstname.lastname@example.org
St. Albans – please contact Sharena Sheikh at email@example.com
North Herts – please contact Dr Claire Powell at firstname.lastname@example.org
Bedfordshire and Luton – please contact Dr Michael Curtin at Michael.email@example.com
Kettering – please contact John Hart firstname.lastname@example.org
Mandatory Training 2018 – 19
It is now a mandatory requirement to attend one whole day of training. If you do not/are unable to attend a full day of training as required by the Senior Appraisal Team, you will not be allowed to appraise after 1 April 2019. You can however do the morning session on one day and the afternoon session on another if this fits better with your working hours. If, for any unforeseen circumstances, your situation changes closer to your booked date(s), please notify Mansi Khadia at email@example.com as soon as possible so that a new venue and date can be booked.
An agenda and timings for each day will be sent to you on your NHS NET account closer to the time of the training.