The LPN Core Group provides strategic direction to the LPN and ensures that the aims and goals of the LPN are delivered in line with the STP Pharmacy Plan.
Chair – Dr Mani Hussain, MRPharmS, IP
Mani Hussain qualified as a Pharmacist in 1994 and since then workied in hospital, community and primary care pharmacy. In 1999 received a PhD from Cardiff University in Pharmacy Practice/Clinical Pharmacy and shortly after took the role of Prescribing Advisor in a Primary Care Organisation. After 6 years working as a PCG/PCT Head of Medicines Management in Sandwell, Mani took a sabbatical to join Lloyds Pharmacy as a Clinical Development Manager for a few years.
In 2009 Mani rejoined NHS North Staffordshire PCT and currently works as Associate Director -Medicines Optimisation across North Staffordshire CCG and Stoke on Trent CCG.
Vice Chair – Andrew Pickard, Pharmacy Adviser, Shropshire and Staffordshire.
- Tania Cork, Chief Officer, North Staffordshire & Stoke on Trent LPC.
- Lynne Deavin, Service Development Manager.
- Dr Gill Hall, Service Development Officer, South Staffordshire LPC.
- Claire Dearden, Quality and Governance Lead, East Staffs CCG.
- Julie Shenton, Lead Pharmacist, West Midlands Clinical Research Network.
- Amanda Alamanos, Primary Care Lead, Shropshire & Telford, NHS England (North Midlands).