The PGDs that can be accessed from this page are authorised for use in Leicestershire, Lincolnshire and Northamptonshire only. Staff working for practices in other areas should contact their local SIT. Details of NHS England offices can be found by following the link to the regional team pages using the Contact us tab above.
The content of most of the following PGDs is the same but you do need to use the version that was issued for the county in which your practice is situated, in order to fulfill the legal requirements.
Retention of PGDs
As they are the legal authorisation for a non-prescriber to administer (or, occasionally, supply) a prescription only medicine, PGDs should be kept as per other clinical records, i.e. for adults, all PGD documentation must be kept for eight years, and for children until the child is 25 years old, or for eight years after a child’s death.
Full information about retention of NHS records (updated July 2016) is available on the NHS Digital website.
Central Midlands PGDs for use in Leicestershire, Lincolnshire and Northamptonshire
- Pertussis vaccination for pregnant women
- Human Papillomavirus Vaccine (HPV)
- SIPGD-004: LAIV
- SIPGD-006: Seasonal (inactivated) Influenza vaccine
- SIPGD-013: Pneumococcal Polysaccharide Vaccine (PPV)
Risk Group PGDs for use in Leicestershire, Lincolnshire and Northamptonshire
- HepB risk groups
- HepB Renal risk groups
- Hib/MenC risk groups
- MenB risk groups
- MenACWY risk
- PCV Risk Groups
Leicestershire and Lincolnshire (only) PGDs
- SIPGD-001: Measles, mumps and rubella (MMR) vaccine
- SIPGD-008: Pediacel and Infanrix/IPV
- SIPGD-009: Pneumococcal Conjugate Vaccine 13 (PCV13)
- SIPGD-011: Repevax and Infanrix/IPV
- SIPGD-012: Revaxis
- SIPGD-012: Paramedic Revaxis
Northamptonshire (only) PGDs
The PGDs issued by the South Midlands and Hertfordshire SIT remain valid for use by practice staff in Northamptonshire and continue to be available from the local CCG intranet pages.