National Early Intervention in Psychosis Guidance
The West Midlands Mental Health Clinical Network in NHS England is supporting both Commissioners, Mental Health Trusts and Primary Care colleagues across the West Midlands with the continued implementation and meeting the targets in relation to the Access and Waiting Time Standards.
This national guidance in relation to Early Intervention Psychosis Service Provision across England, can be found below:
- Implementing the early intervention in psychosis access and waiting time standard guidance
- Implementing the early intervention in psychosis access and waiting time standard: Helpful resources
The West Midlands Mental Health Clinical Network is focused on a number of elements with the engagement of stakeholders in meeting the standards, this includes:
- Workforce and Training – Exploring EIP workforce challenges and providing training and developmental opportunities to EIP staff to have the ability to deliver NICE concordat interventions to patients, family members and/or carers.
- Data – The reporting of, the quality of, the translation of such information.
- Regional Provider Forum – Access and Waiting Time Standards discussion forum, question and answer session, sharing of good practice.
- Primary Care Awareness – Building awareness of First Episode Psychosis (and the Psychosis checklist) in General Practices using a variety of methods to support referrals going forward.
Should you wish further information regarding the Early Intervention Psychosis, please contact Karen Edwards, Network Quality Improvement Officer (Mental Health) by email using firstname.lastname@example.org