There are nine vanguards chosen to develop Primary and Acute Care Systems (PACS) which were selected in March 2015. The PACS model of care joins up GP, hospital, community and mental health services.
The aim of a PACS is to improve the physical, mental, social health and wellbeing of its local population. It achieves this by bringing together health and care providers with shared goals and incentives so they can focus on what is best for the local population.
- Wirral Partners
- Mid Nottinghamshire Better Together
- South Somerset Symphony Programme
- Northumberland Accountable Care Organisation
- Salford Together
- Better Care Together (Morecambe Bay Health Community)
- North East Hampshire and Farnham
- Harrogate and Rural District Clinical Commissioning Group
- My Life a Full Life (Isle of Wight)
The learning so far from the PACS vanguards has been used to develop the Primary and Acute Care Systems framework. The framework sets out the key ingredients that make up the model, as well as the steps required to set up the model.