The NHS Standard Contract is mandated by NHS England for use by commissioners for all contracts for healthcare services other than primary care.
If you have a query on the NHS Standard Contracts, please email: email@example.com.
If you would like to be added to our stakeholder list to receive updates on the NHS Standard Contracts, please email your contact details to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Consultation – September 2016
We have now published, for consultation, the draft NHS Standard Contract (in both full-length and shorter-form versions) for 2017/18 and 2018/19. We have also published the associated Technical Guidance in draft form.
The consultation paper below describes the main, material changes we are proposing in the Contracts for 2017/18 and 2018/19, and we would welcome comments from stakeholders on our proposals, along with any other suggestions for improvement.
Comments on the draft Contracts should be sent by 21 October 2016 to email@example.com. We also welcome comments on the draft Technical Guidance.
- Draft NHS Standard Contract for 2017/18 and 2018/19 (full-length and shorter-form versions): A consultation
- NHS Standard Contract 2017/18 and 2018/19 Particulars (full length) (draft for consultation)
- NHS Standard Contract 2017/18 and 2018/19 Service Conditions (full length) (draft for consultation)
- NHS Standard Contract 2017/18 and 2018/19 General Conditions (full length) (draft for consultation)
- NHS Standard Contract 2017/18 and 2018/19 Particulars (Shorter Form) (draft for consultation)
- NHS Standard Contract 2017/18 and 2018/19 Service Conditions (Shorter Form) (draft for consultation)
- NHS Standard Contract 2017/18 and 2018/19 General Conditions (Shorter Form) (draft for consultation)
- NHS Standard Contract 2017/18 and 2018/19: Draft Technical Guidance
Engagement – August 2016
We are now engaging with stakeholders about how we can improve the NHS shorter-form Contract for 2017/18. Commissioners and providers are welcome to provide feedback using a short questionnaire, by Friday 16 September 2016. If you have already provided feedback on the shorter-form Contract as part of the NHS Standard Contract 2017/18 engagement during July – August 2016, there is no need for you to respond to this engagement on the shorter-form Contract, unless you wish to do so.
Engagement – July 2016
We are now in the early stages of developing the NHS Standard Contract and the NHS shorter-form Contract for 2017/18.
From NHS England’s perspective, our key priority for 2017/18 is to work with New Models of Care Vanguards to develop tailored contracts and contracting models to deliver New Models of Care (especially the PACS and MCP models). With this in mind, we are intending to make only essential changes to the Contract for 2017/18.
We are keen to ensure that people who use the Contract in practice – commissioners and providers – have the opportunity to feed in their views about changes which they would like to see for 2017/18. If you would like to make comments or suggestions, about the Contract itself or our Contract Technical Guidance, please email these to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday 3 August 2016.
We plan to run an additional engagement on the NHS shorter-form Contract during the autumn.
Previous contracts and guidance
- The NHS Standard Contract published since 2013/14 and supporting documents are available via the navigation at the top of this page.
- Previously published NHS standard contracts are available from the Department of Health website.