The NHS belongs to everyone and we’re keen to see celebrations across the whole country.
We are particularly keen to encourage and support local and regional celebrations with NHS trusts, GPs, clinical commissioning groups, sustainability and transformation partnerships and others being asked to organise:
- Open days – throwing open your doors to the public
- Exhibitions on local high streets – in libraries, community centres, etc
- Staff awards themed around the birthday
- Tea parties for staff and patients
- Competitions for local children and young people to get involved.
Involving children and young people
We’re particularly keen to involve people who work with children and young people, for instance schools and youth groups.
We have a number of high profile NHS speakers who would be happy to come along and support your special NHS 70 event. Fill in the online form to request a speaker for your event.
In October 2017, we will publish an online toolkit to support health and care organisations with their arrangements. This will include practical guides, logos, leaflets, posters and materials that can be shared via social media.
We will also share further details about national plans to mark the big day!
If you would like to get involved with the NHS 70 birthday celebrations please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.