As the NHS celebrates its milestone 70th birthday, we want to reflect on the progress we have made on some of NHS England’s priority areas: progress on how care is delivered and how it will continue to improve in the future.
This ‘Spotlight Series’ will showcase one area each month; looking at progress, patient and clinician experiences; and cast an eye to the future of the NHS.
The Spotlight Series will cover the following topics over the coming months:
- March: Genomics
- April: Primary care and diabetes
- May: Mental health
- June: Learning disabilities
- July: Innovation and digital
- August: Cancer
- September: Personalised care
- October: Specialised commissioning
- November: Urgent and emergency care
Highlights so far
Since January, there have been lots of exciting achievements as part of the wider NHS70 celebrations. These include: