Creating a new NHS England: NHS Digital and NHS England have now merged. Health Education England will join us in April 2023. Learn more.
‘Our friends in the north’ – reflections on the first year of LPN’s
During 2013/14, the two Area Teams covering the North East and Cumbria (Durham, Darlington and Tees and Cumbria Northumberland Tyne and Wear) adopted a collaborative approach to supporting and developing seven local professional networks (including establishing a joint Local Eye Health Network which encompasses both areas).
As we reach the end of our first year, we have asked each of our Chairs to offer personal reflections on their achievements, hopes, frustrations and learning so far.
We thought it would be helpful to share these with other Chairs and colleagues from the wider LPN community to compare insights and experiences as we collectively move forward into our second year.
Whilst it would be fair to say that not everything has gone as smoothly as we might have wished, one common thread has kept us all going; a shared commitment and focus on working together to make a real difference to the care and experiences of our patients.
- Angela Henderson – Chair – North East & Cumbria Local Eye Health Network
- Paul Howlett – Chair – Durham, Darlington and Tees Local Dental Network
- Simon Taylor – Chair – Northumberland, Tyne and Wear Local Dental Network
- Julie King- Chair – Cumbria Local Dental Network
- Mike Maguire – Chair – Durham, Darlington and Tees Local Pharmacy Network
- Richard Copeland – Chair – Northumberland, Tyne and Wear Local Pharmacy Network
- Simon Butterworth – Chair – Cumbria Local Pharmacy Network