Skin Cancer Masterclass
Thursday 12 July 2018
12:00pm – 5:00pm
Lancashire & South Cumbria venue tbc
Main Contact: Vicki Wagstaff
Book your place at the Skin Cancer Masterclass – the 23rd in the Lancashire and South Cumbria Masterclass series.
Sessions being covered at the masterclass include:
- How to examine skin
- Sun protection
- Self-examination techniques
- Max Fax for skin cancer
Exploring Patient and Public Involvement
Tuesday 9 October 2018
12:00pm – 5:00pm
Patient and public involvement workshop – venue to tbc
This PPI workshop, which will be open to Senate Council and Assembly members will be led by two of our valued members: Chris Joseph who sits on our NW Assembly and Ian Linford a C&M Council member.
Chris has a special interest in patient centred services; having extensive experience working in the NHS which includes both operational support and strategic oversight of Patient and Public Engagement and Involvement. Ian has worked across multiple organisational boundaries, including social care at a very senior level including Executive Directors and Leading Clinicians. As a result of this NHS service and experience he brings a wide ranging knowledge from design and commissioning of services to ultimate delivery and continued performance management.
The objectives are the workshop are to:
- Equip attendees with the knowledge and understanding of why it is important to have effective and meaningful PPI in service change and transformation
- Share good PPI practice from other areas and explore how it can be spread within the NW
- Ensure attendees are equipped with the knowledge to critique PPI plans/practices for effectiveness – i.e. recognise “what good looks like” depending on the setting.
- Ensure attendees are able to advise on where colleagues can access support and advice on building meaningful and effective PPI into their plans.
- Develop a “checklist” for clinical senates to use when undertaking clinical reviews regarding PPI.