Chair: Dr Marie Smith, Consultant Obstetrician
Vice Chair: Dr Deepika Meneni, Consultant Obstetrician
The Maternal Medicine Group is made up of obstetric, physician, specialist nurse and midwife representatives from every provider trust in the Northern England Clinical Networks. The group is accountable to the Maternity Clinical Advisory Group.
The purpose of the Maternal Medicine Group is:
- To discuss the management of patients with complex medical problems during pregnancy;
- To share good practice;
- To review the evidence base;
- To standardise guidelines and agree regional referral pathways as appropriate;
- To discuss and make recommendations to the Maternity Clinical Advisory Group;
- To advise CCGs / Specialised Commissioning with regards to the commissioning of services for pregnant women with complex medical problems.