NHS England North (Yorkshire and Humber) Controlled Drugs (CD) team is led by Gazala Khan the Lead Controlled Drug Accountable Officer (CDAO) for the region and supported by the CDAO team.
Some of the work carried out the CDAO team is:
- To provide advice and guidance regarding any issue of concerns that you may have relating to CDs, for example in relation to the management of incidents.
- Provide regular reporting to the members of our CD Local Intelligence Networks (CDLIN).
- Publication of regular newsletters which are distributed to community providers and GP practices. Sharing intelligence and any best practice guidance.
- Provide private CD prescribers and specific Healthcare Professionals with Personal Identification Numbers (PINs) to facilitate provision of private CD prescriptions and/or stock CDs.
- We are able to allocate Organisation Data Service (ODS) (previously known as OCS codes) codes to community pharmacies to enable you to process CD prescriptions
- Able to provide Private dentists with the regional generic Personal Identification Number
If you are a private prescriber and you want to obtain Controlled Drugs stock or obtain FP10 stationery, please complete this self-assessment form and mandate form and return these to the team. Please ensure that you fully complete the forms and provide us with the full contact details for two referees; one should be your Responsible Officer and the other your appraiser.
Please note any omissions in information will delay your application.
Community Pharmacy Private CD Contractor Code
If you work at a community pharmacy and need a private CD contractor code you can do this by completing the private CD pharmacy contractor form and submit this back to our central inbox. We will review your application and provide you with your PIN once approved.
If you need to report an incident relating to Controlled Drugs, please complete this incident reporting form and refer to the guidance document when completing it to ensure that you have provided all the relevant information including all learning and changes to any practice.
If you would like any further guidance or support please contact the team to discuss the matter further.
The Controlled Drugs team share newsletters and bulletins for colleagues working in pharmacies and GP practices and other health professionals. If you would like to subscribe to this newsletter please email email@example.com.
If you have any information, intelligence, or looking for support and guidance, please get in touch with a member of the team at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 011382 51857.