The NHS Five Year Forward View was published on 23 October 2014 and sets out a new shared vision for the future of the NHS based around the new models of care. It has been developed by the partner organisations that deliver and oversee health and care services including Care Quality Commission, Public Health England and NHS Improvement (previously Monitor and National Trust Development Authority).
Patient groups, clinicians and independent experts have also provided their advice to create a collective view of how the health service needs to change over the next five years if it is to close the widening gaps in the health of the population, quality of care and the funding of services.
- Read the NHS Five Year Forward View (Full version)
- Read the NHS Five Year Forward View (Easy read version)
- Listen to an audio reading of the NHS Five Year Forward View (Running time 2 hours 12 minutes)
- NHS Five Year Forward View technical briefing – May 2016
Find out more
- Read news item about the launch of the Five Year Forward View
- Watch the launch video (Running time 28 minutes)
- The Forward View into action: Planning for 2015/16
- Five Year Forward View: Time to Deliver