NHS England has made available the following resources. If you would like anything further or would like to speak specifically about one of the programmes from wave one or two, please do not hesitate to contact the team at email@example.com
Lessons learnt from wave one pilots
The papers below are series of ‘innovation showcases’ designed to highlight the successes of the 20 pilots.
- Pace of implementation (showcase one, February 2015): Focuses on pilots which have been effective in implementing extended hours at pace
- Using Technology to Improve Access (showcase two, February 2015): Using technology to extend and enable better patient access to primary care services.
- Successful patient engagement (showcase three, March 2015): Engaging with patients to help ensure pilot activity is aligned to their needs.
- Successful practice engagement (showcase four, March 2015): Liaising with practices to maximise buy-in, co-design and ownership.
- Collaboration in delivery (showcase five, April 2015): This paper focuses on pilots which are in collaboration with other providers to deliver primary care services.
- Scale (showcase six, June 2015): Focuses on pilots which are delivering at very large scales, across diverse geographies with multiple CCGs, many practices and with a large patient population.
- Leadership (showcase seven, July 2015): An effective leader is able to nurture this shared vision, driving the project forward.
- Enhance use of specialist nursing staff to reduce pressure on GPs (showcase eight, December 2015): focuses on pilots which are making enhanced use of specialist nursing staff
- Improving access for specific patient groups (showcase nine, January 2016): This paper focuses on pilots which have focused on improving access for specific patient groups.
Resources from wave two application process
- Prime Minister’s Challenge Fund Wave Two: Learning from wave one
- Annex A – Prime Minister’s Challenge Fund Wave Two: Delivering the technology aspects of your proposal
- Invitation to submit application to become a wave two pilot scheme
Questions and answers
A list of common questions and answers have been gathered to help with any questions. If you do not found the answer you are looking for, please do not hesitate to contact the team on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Technology support events
To support the technology elements of wave one and wave two, workshops were held in Leeds and London at the start of the wave two programme. The purpose was to provide advice and guidance to prospective general practice staff in order to understand the common challenges GPs face and how technology can best support these requirements and to assist with the development of the technical delivery plans as outlined in the criteria for ‘Capacity and Rapid Implementation’. The presentation slide packs from these events are available below:
- Dr Robert Varnam, Head of General Practice Development, NHS England
- Beverley Bryant, Director of Strategic Systems & Development, NHS England
- Tracey Grainger, Head of Digital Primary Care, NHS England
- Robin Vickers, Executive Director, Digital Life Sciences, Health United Birmingham
- Dr Chris Jones, Programme Director, West Wakefield Health & Wellbeing Ltd
- Graeme Cleland, Managing Director, Taurus Healthcare (London event only)
- Gerald Ellis, Programme Manager, Primary Care Transformation, Derbyshire & Nottinghamshire Area Team (Leeds event only)