There are 14 multispecialty community provider vanguards moving specialist care out of hospitals into the community.
These vanguards were selected following a rigorous process, involving workshops and the engagement of key partners and patient representative groups.
- Calderdale Health and Social Care Economy
- Wellbeing Erewash
- Fylde Coast Local Health Economy
- The Connected Care Partnership (Sandwell and West Birmingham)
- West Wakefield Health and Wellbeing Ltd
- All together better Sunderland
- Dudley Multispecialty Community Provider
- Encompass (Whitstable, Faversham, Canterbury, Ash and Sandwich)
- Stockport Together
- Tower Hamlets Together
- Better Local Care (Hampshire)
- West Cheshire Way
- Lakeside Healthcare (Northamptonshire)
- Principia Partners in Health (Southern Nottinghamshire)
Multispecialty community provider framework
The multispecialty community provider emerging care model and contract framework document, published July 2016, describes what being an MCP means, based on assembling the core features from the 14 MCP vanguards into a common framework.
Draft multispecialty community provider (MCP) Contract
In July 2016 we published the multispecialty community provider (MCP) emerging care model and contract framework. As well as describing the MCP care model in more detail, it introduced the emerging contract and business model that underpin it.
A draft version of this MCP Contract was published in December 2016, together with a set of supporting documents that provide additional information. Feedback was invited on these until 20 January 2017. Although the documents concern the MCP model, many of the principles are transferable to other new models of care. The draft MCP Contract is the product of intensive joint work with a number of vanguards with whom we are co-developing the approach to ensure that the Contract will help facilitate local plans. In early 2017, an updated version of the MCP Contract, using the feedback provided, will be published for initial use by vanguards. This will inform a further revision and a formal consultation during 2017.
The draft MCP Contract and supporting documents are available below:
- Contracting for new, whole population, models of provision: Engagement on the draft MCP Contract
- Draft MCP Contract:
- Explanatory notes to the draft MCP Contract
- Template Integration Agreement – overview
- Template Integration Agreement for partially integrated MCPs
- Template Alliance Agreement – overview
- Template Alliance Agreement for virtual MCPs
- MCP procurement and assurance approach
- GP participation in an MCP
- MCPs and the NHS commissioning system
- MCP financial strategy
- Whole population models of provision and NHS pensions
- Draft MCP Contract package: Questions and answers
These are the presentations from each of the vanguards explaining their care model.