The vanguard and the people it serves
The vanguard partners are developing a new way of working together that will help improve the overall health and wellbeing of people in Birmingham and Sandwell. This will include high quality, coordinated care in the right place at the right time, with information available to also help people support their own health.
The Connected Care Partnership (Sandwell and West Birmingham) include:
- Birmingham and Solihull Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust
- Birmingham City Council
- Birmingham Community Health Care NHS Foundation Trust
- Intelligent Commissioning Federation GP Federation (a network of 15 GP practices)
- Modality Partnership (a network of 24 GP practices)
- NHS Sandwell and West Birmingham Clinical Commissioning Group
The vanguard covers 160,000 patients within Birmingham and Sandwell.
What is changing?
The vanguard is creating a new system where health and care partners work together, led by The Connected Care Partnership, a GP super partnership. The new ways of working that are being introduced will include a 24/7 single point of entry, offering more alternatives to hospital care and specialised care closer to home and helping local people manage their own health confidently.
A range of services will be available to help people stay well and healthy or to regain their health after illness in the place they prefer with the type of support they want. This will include home and community based services to help keep people out of hospital and reduce pressure on GPs.
Help and information will also be available for people with long-term health conditions to help them understand them and to stay as healthy as possible, knowing any potential complications and risks and how to best manage their own health safely.
- Supporting people to manage their own health will reduce unnecessary hospital admissions and pressure on GPs
- Working together better will support a more sustainable, cost-effective health and care system
Contact The Connected Care Partnership (Sandwell and West Birmingham)