The vanguard and the people it serves
The vision for the Fylde Coast is to develop healthcare that ‘wraps around’ the patient, delivering more support closer to people’s home and less in hospital.
The Fylde Coast Local Health Economy vanguard partners include:
- Blackpool Council
- Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Lancashire Care NHS Foundation Trusts
- Lancashire County Council
- NHS Blackpool Clinical Commissioning Group
- NHS Fylde and Wyre Clinical Commissioning Group
Together, the clinical commissioning groups have a registered population of 320,000 living across a mix of coastal towns and rural villages.
What is changing?
The new care models programme is supporting the vanguard partners to work better together and design new care models to support the overall health and wellbeing of local people.
A new community-based service called ‘extensive care’ is providing proactive support for people aged 60 and over, who have two or more long-term conditions. Under the service, patients benefit from a harmonised team of health and care professionals working together to provide the support they require to keep them out of hospital. This includes helping people to understand and manage their health conditions but also other aspects of their life which might impact upon their general wellbeing.
Complementing the extensive care service are locally based neighbourhood care teams which provide support to people who require the ongoing management of one or more long-term conditions. These teams see GPs working with community and other care services across ten neighbourhoods on the Fylde Coast to provide better coordinated care closer to home for patients.
Shared electronic care records and a single point of contact for all out of hospital services on the Fylde Coast ensure seamless care regardless of a person’s support needs.
- Helps patients feel more empowered with support to better manage their conditions and stay healthy
- Relieves pressure on the health system through better coordination and fewer unnecessary hospital admissions
- Better patient experience as a result of coordinated, streamlined care through a single point of access and agreed shared electronic care records
Contact Fylde Coast Local Health Economy