There are a wide range of support materials available to help you successfully implement and effectively promote online services.
For any queries or comments, please contact the Patient Online team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Patient Online: making the most of online appointments and repeat prescriptions
- Patient Online: offering patients access to detailed online records
- Patient Online: registering patients for GP online services
Support and resources guide
- Support and resources guide – aimed at GPs, practice staff, clinical commissioning groups (CCGs) and commissioning support units (CSUs) who are providing support to GP practices implementing Patient Online.
- Patient Online: registering patients for online services
- Patient Online: booking and cancelling appointments online
- Patient Online: providing online access to test results
- Patient Online: encouraging patients to order repeat prescriptions online
- Using Patient Online in practice nurse teams
- Time saving calculator
- Promotional materials – download our communications toolkits and order free posters, leaflets and more to promote online services to patients
- Frequently asked questions
- Regional and local support
- RCGP information and resources
- Webinars for implementing online services for patients
- The General Practice Forward View (April 2016) sets out a plan, backed by a multi-billion pound investment, to stabilise and transform general practice. It has been developed with Health Education England and in discussion with the Royal College of GPs and other GP representatives
- Making time in General Practice; Freeing GP capacity by reducing bureaucracy and avoidable consultations, managing the interface with hospitals and exploring new ways of working. Report by the Primary Care Foundation and NHS Alliance, 2015
- The power of information: putting all of us in control of the health and care information we need: Department of Health, 2012. The Government’s ten-year framework for transforming information for health and care.
- NHS Mandate: The government set out its commitment to enabling patients to view their online health record by March 2016 in the NHS Mandate.
- Patient Online: The Road Map, RCGP, 2013: The programme of work described in the Road Map established what could realistically be offered now and what might be offered in the future.
- GP Systems of Choice (GPSoC): The scheme through which the NHS funds the provision of GP clinical IT systems in England.
Take a look at the latest guidance around GP contracts.