See below for recent news and activity taking place as part of NHS England’s work to improve wheelchair services. New information will be added here as it becomes available.
Read this letter from Rosamond Roughton, Director of NHS Commissioning which provides an update on the wheelchair service improvement programme and progress so far in three of our priority areas; creating a national dataset, personalising wheelchair services and supporting commissioners.
Read the new blog from Regional Medical Director Dr Nigel Acheson. He explains how NHS England is improving services for wheelchair users to help empower their lives.
A number of wheelchair case studies have recently been uploaded to the CCG Learning Environment:
- NHS Nene and NHS Corby CCGs: Improving wheelchair services through service user engagement
- Hounslow Wheelchair and Specialist Seating Service: How a unique study on sleep systems is improving wheelchair services
- Dorset Wheelchair Service: Having the right people in the right place is key to running an effective wheelchair service
- Dorset Healthcare University NHS Foundation Trust: Improving Wheelchair Services and reducing waiting times
- Motor Neurone Disease Association: Introducing specialist wheelchair therapists to support people with MND
- Motor Neurone Disease Association: Developing the powered neuro wheelchair for people with MND
- Dorset CCG
- Lancashire Teaching hospital – reduction in waiting times
- Leeds Wheelchair service – new user guidance videos
- Millbrook – meeting best needs of service users
- Kent and Medway – improving wheelchair services
- Shropshire CCG, Telford and Wrekin PCT one stop shop