We are co-hosting a series of free workshops in partnership with the BMA from February 2016. This will be an opportunity for GPs and local commissioners to hear from primary care leaders, learn about the national programme to release pressure, hear about successful innovations at practice level and identify actions they could take themselves. It will also be an opportunity for practices to meet representatives from their NHS England’s local primary care teams.
Attendees will leave with new understanding of the evidence about bureaucracy and potentially avoidable demand, insights into solutions being implemented around the country, and a practical plan for action.
All events are 12-5pm. Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
- 24 Feb 2016, London. Holiday Inn London Regents Park, Carburton Street, London, W1W 5EE
- 01 Mar 2016, Leeds. Park Plaza Leeds, Boar Lane, City Square, City Square, Leeds, Yorkshire, LS1 5NS
- 03 Mar 2016, Manchester. The Pendulum Hotel & Manchester Conference Centre, Weston Building, Sackville Street, Manchester, M1 3BB
- 09 Mar 2016, Bristol. Mercure Bristol Holland House Hotel & Spa, Redcliffe Hill, Bristol, BS1 6SQ
- 10 Mar 2016, Southampton. Grand Harbour Hotel, West Quay Road, Southampton, Hampshire, SO15 1AG
- 16 Mar 2016, Leicester. Mercure Leicester The Grand Hotel, 73 Granby Street, Leicester, LE1 6ES
- 23 March, Leeds. Leeds Marriott Hotel, 4 Trevelyan Square, Boar Lane, Leeds, LS1 6ET
- 24 Mar 2016, London. The Grand Connaught Rooms, 61-65 Great Queen Street, London, WC2B 5DA
- 30 March, Birmingham. Conference Aston Meeting Suite, (Use Entrance North, code: 3179) Aston University, Aston Triangle, Birmingham, B4 7ET – Please note change in venue. Please register by emailing the email@example.com.
- 31 March, Brighton. Please note this meeting is now being held via webinar, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the log in details.
- 5 April, Newcastle upon Tyne. Crowne Plaza Newcastle, Hawthorne Square, Stephenson Quarter, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 3SA. Please register by emailing the email@example.com.
Each workshop will provide an introduction to the recent research, an update on the national action plan and then provide a number of opportunities for attendees to learn about specific innovations which can release pressure. Each event will be attended by national and local leaders from the BMA and NHS England.
12:00 Registration and lunch
13:00 Welcome and introduction from Dr Chaand Nagpaul (Chair of the General Practitioners Committee, BMA) and Dr Arvind Madan (National Director of Primary Care, NHS England)
13:15 Your experience
13:25 Making Time report findings
13:45 The national action plan
14:15 Your priorities
14:35 Ten high impact actions for practices. A menu of actions which practices could take themselves to help release pressure
14:45 Case study presentation
15:05 Your planning. Learn more about high impact innovations you are interested in, discuss with colleagues and begin forming your own action plan
16:30 How to conduct your own audit
16:45 What next?