What is the role of the Advisory Group?
The Advisory Group for the care.data programme was established in March 2014. The autonomous group is designed to help guide the development of the programme, ensure the benefits are communicated clearly and risks mitigated.
Who is in the Advisory Group?
The group, which is chaired by Chief Executive of the British Council and non-executive director of NHS England, Ciarán Devane, includes representation from charity, health and data security:
- Academy of Medical Royal Colleges
- Association of Medical Research Charities
- Big Brother Watch
- British Heart Foundation
- British Medical Association
- HealthWatch England
- Hurley Group
- Kings College London
- Kings Fund
- National Institute for Health Research
- National Voices
- Royal College of General Practitioners
- Royal College of Psychiatrists
- Clinical Commissioning Groups
- UCL Partners
- Wellcome Trust