We have published a number of data specifications to be considered for local adoption. We encourage commissioners to review these products and consider implementing them with your providers to support conformance of local commissioning data.
In 2016/17, we worked closely with stakeholders across the commissioning system to support local improvements in the consistency of commissioning data across three key service areas:
- Urgent care (covering A&E, 111 and Emergency Ambulance)
- Mental health
- Community care
Together with a range of providers, commissioners and their support organisations, we have published a number of data specifications to be considered for local adoption.
All DSfC conformed specifications include the following common features:
- Consistent patient and event identifiers to make sure that the same data attributes, critical for de-identification, linkage and data quality assurance, flow consistently;
- Standard headings for common fields appearing across multiple datasets aligned, wherever possible, with the NHS Data ;
- Locally defined fields to enable the capture of additional, locally required data in the same flow.
The specifications were referenced in the 2016/17 NHS England Standard . We encourage commissioners to review these products and consider implementing them with your providers to support conformance of local commissioning data.
Further detail about DSfC’s conformance work can be found in the following Data Conformance – Supporting documentation.
The conformed specifications can be accessed below:
- 111 Integrated UC Specification
- A&E Specification
- Emergency Ambulance Specification
- Local Community Services Dataset Specification
- Local mental Health Services Dataset Specification
Please contact the team at firstname.lastname@example.org for advice or support relating to any of these products.