There are a wide range of support materials available to help you successfully implement and effectively promote online services.
For any queries or comments, please contact the Patient Online team at email@example.com.
- Patient Online: making the most of online appointments and repeat prescriptions
- Patient Online: offering patients access to detailed online records
- Patient Online: registering patients for GP online services
Support and resources guide
- Support and resources guide – aimed at GPs, practice staff, clinical commissioning groups (CCGs) and commissioning support units (CSUs) who are providing support to GP practices implementing Patient Online.
Guides to help staff support people with access needs
- Patient Online: registering patients for online services
- Patient Online: booking and cancelling appointments online
- Patient Online: providing online access to test results
- Patient Online: encouraging patients to order repeat prescriptions online
- Using Patient Online in practice nurse teams
Easy read patient guides
- GP online services – quick, easy and safe (A5 leaflet)
- GP online services
- What you need to know about your GP record online
- Protecting your GP online record
- GP online services for carers, including young carers
- How to support people with a learning disabilities – a guide for GP surgery staff
- Giving employed carers access to your GP online services
- Giving another person access to your GP online services
- Young people’s access to GP online services
- Time saving calculator
- Promotional materials – download our communications toolkits and order free posters, leaflets and more to promote online services to patients
- Frequently asked questions
- Regional and local support
- RCGP information and resources
- Webinars for implementing online services for patients
- The General Practice Forward View (April 2016) sets out a plan, backed by a multi-billion pound investment, to stabilise and transform general practice. It has been developed with Health Education England and in discussion with the Royal College of GPs and other GP representatives
- Making time in General Practice; Freeing GP capacity by reducing bureaucracy and avoidable consultations, managing the interface with hospitals and exploring new ways of working. Report by the Primary Care Foundation and NHS Alliance, 2015
- The power of information: putting all of us in control of the health and care information we need: Department of Health, 2012. The Government’s ten-year framework for transforming information for health and care.
- NHS Mandate: The government set out its commitment to enabling patients to view their online health record by March 2016 in the NHS Mandate.
- Patient Online: The Road Map, RCGP, 2013: The programme of work described in the Road Map established what could realistically be offered now and what might be offered in the future.
- GP Systems of Choice (GPSoC): The scheme through which the NHS funds the provision of GP clinical IT systems in England.
Take a look at the latest guidance around GP contracts.