When personalised care is fully in place people will have a better experience of health and care. The key features of personalised care have been co-produced with people with lived experience and describe what this experience will be.
- Be seen as a whole person within the context of their whole life, valuing their skills, strengths and experience and important relationships
- Experience hope and feel confident that the care and support they receive will deliver what matters most to them
- Be able to access information and advice that is clear, timely and meets their individual information needs and preferences
- Be listened to and understood in a way that builds trusting and effective relationships with people
- Be valued as an active participant in conversations and decisions about their health and well-being
- Be supported to understand their care, treatment and support options and, where relevant, to set and achieve their goals
- Have access to a range of support options including peer support and community based resources to help build knowledge, skills and confidence to manage their health and wellbeing
- Experience a coordinated approach that is transparent and empowering.